Here’s what my life is about now:
(last updated November 8th, 2019)
The last 6 months have been about reducing travel to focus on family rhythms. We’re having a baby in a couple of months and it’s been a challenge to have the preparations not influence established habits too much. Winter is coming, so I’m looking forward to the dark and cozyness of the colder months ahead.
- Although I have tried to get a few kilometers in whenever I had the chance, the unpredictability of life has been taxing on my running progress. I’m eager to get back on the road!
- I feel like I’ve figured out how to grow in this phase of life and I’m planning to leverage it as much as possible. I’m reading a lot again and planning to do more of it. Currently I’m finishing up “Radical Candor” and I’m planning to re-read “Good Strategy, Bad Strategy” directly after. Need to revisit to ensure things stick.
- Being a parent is great, and I notice how I start to think more about the grand scheme of things. How will the world look like in 10 years? Can I do anything about that? How am I making impact? [Still top of mind]
- I’m still not completely vegetarian but I’ve started to reduce my fish consumption now as well.
- As I’m shaping up my influence / leadership skills, I am learning more about being direct and transparent and I’m getting really excited about improving my communication through it.
- Teun has been doing some serious growing and it’s been incredibly rewarding to see him take little steps in becoming more independent. I’m trying to stimulate him as much as I can.
My 2019 goals
- Become a senior product manager
- Learn Swedish
- Run a half marathon
- Invest more time in meditation
- Become a vegetarian